Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Poem...this is Untitled

My family has dealt with losing a lot of loved ones...I've had a big lost myself last year, that I'm still trying to recuperate from...Although I didn't put my baby in this poem, he's always in my heart. Maybe when I stop wailing inside, I'll do one of him...

But...this is written for my grandmother, and her two wonderful sisters.... Hope you enjoy!!

As Always Much love...and hugs
NaturalnSassy

Delighted by the sweetness of your face…
The memories we made together for the common good of our ethnic race,
Under the category…You and I….
Pausing to let the time go by,
So that the world can catch up with our ever so clever game to multiply….
The love…
And it’s crazy cause you never knew that you played an important part just by the kindness of your hug….
Which made me look up to you…
cherish you…
The time we shared was beautiful-
ly spent with glances of appreciation….
Concluded with your dedication….
And that standing ovation from which I can still feel the tears on my skin….
See you passed from my vision, but never from within….
You’re with me every day, reassuring that you’re still my closest friend.
Still laughing at your jokes…
And yes, I admit, I turned out to be just like you…
And even though people try to poke
Fun of how my hips widened to your figure,
or that my nails grew like yours, long, and hard,
or that my voice is not as high as a soprano, but you know a sistah can bust a tune and make homemade cards….
I’d still rather be just like you…
See I’m just happy knowing that I shared a part of your history….
That I get to say I’m a part of your legacy…
HA!…Guess that makes me a legend…
Cause you were truly the most famous celebrity to walk the face of this earth....
From birth, we shared a constant connection…
Even when we were away from each other…I can still hear the voice in my ear,
“This is your grandmother, pay our tithes and offerings, but look out for those who seek constant collections!” ….
Or how I knew I disappointed you, and though sometimes you couldn't quite tell me,
I always knew,
You forgave me, and our game of love multiplication played on….
You are my favorite song…..
And as the years go by, and I finally get peace within myself to accept that although I’ll get no more hugs..I can still feel the love…You have instilled in me…
And I’ll past that on…down to each and every generation…cause as like you said….There’s nothing more important than family…

I love you…..
Signed By Me
TNL

No comments:

Post a Comment