Monday, October 12, 2009

Faith to be Complete (short story)


Two sisters....One heartbeat...One bond...
A gift from God, nonetheless. In many African cultures, they are seen as precious and very important. A true gift. Some people see that some set of twins are very different; like night and day, while others see that some sets are truly identical.....
In the Swahili language:
Amili - means complete
Kamilika - means be complete

With this in mind, our path goes to the lives of Amili and Kamilika....They were identical, yet even though they were alike in many ways, they were also different. Amili seemed to always thrived. She always worked hard, and gained her mother's love and affection. She grew up to become a very wealthy wife, and loving mother. Kamilika, on the other hand, had to work harder. She didn't grow up resenting her sister's gifts of love and affection, given by their mother. She just chose to strive harder to be more like her sister. She never seemed happy with what she achieved, and wished her void would be filled. She wanted to be complete.

The two girls were raised in church and both sang in the choir. They loved the atmosphere in all ways....Just one of them didn't have the faith that God would move in her life....yet as a the other was sent a message...to never give up on her loved one..and she took it to heart....

One day as children, Kamilika said to her sister, "No one understand how I feel...I am never good enough." Before Kamilika could go on with her venting, Amili put one arm on her shoulder, and said, "I am always with you, my twin. Together, we will believe that the size of your faith will out size your doubts. Just believe you are worthy to be made whole and you will be."

Kamilika couldn't grasp how her sister knew she had issues with her faith in God to be made complete....She was young, and didn't grasp the bond they truly shared. See, she thought they were like day and night, when in reality...God make them just alike....Yet she still struggled to see the perfect God-made image that stared back at her in the mirror...Yet she prayed... "God....make me whole. Amen."

As the two twins grew older, Amili could always feel her sister's sad moments. When the first availble moment came, she would always call her sister and say, "Your mustard seed faith is growing thirsty....I've called to water it. Just believe that you are made whole, and you will be."

This still amazed Kamilika. She realized that whenever her faith was lacking, her sister will never fail to call. She loved her sister dearly. Yet she couldn't fathom why her sister was so concerned with her incomplete life, when she was obviously living such a good one. She decided to no longer take calls from her twin, to make sure her "unlucky" curse wouldn't affect her perfect sister. However, this didn't stop Amili from calling when she felt her twin going through life's storms. She called every now and then...but she turned her attention to praying to God that he will reveal her sister's true self in His own time.....

After two years of not answering calls, Kamilika's faith all but ceased to exist. She became depressed and made herself so sick, that she was bed ridden... After sitting there for a while, she eventally thought of her sister and what her sister had always said... "Just believe that you are made whole, and you will be." Kamilika prayed to God one more time....this time...a little different... "Thank you for making me whole....I am complete in you....I believe that you sent your Son to remind me, and my twin to instill it in me......I love you soo soo much....Please harden not her heart, for I have ignored her many years....Please here my cry.....I ask that you both forgive me, Dear Lord......Amen."

When she got up from her prayer, with tears strolling down her face....She smiled. Cause she finally felt good enough...She finally felt complete...With her new found happiness, came strength...And as she took that first step in faith off of the bed she hadn't risen from in weeks, she started to praise God....Then she thought about making a call....and as she ran to the phone to dial up her sister....When she picked up the phone, she could hear her sister...Amili saying, "Kamilika! You are now complete! Oh my Kamili! You are made whole!!!...and Yes, I forgive you...I am always with you, my twin sister. And I have always been...in your heart!"

And with this confirmation, Kamilika changed her name to Kamili....Cause like her sister...She was now complete. Her faith and prayer brought her through. And she worships and praises God till this day......

Kamili- means complete

I hope this touches you....Have faith and never doubt...He has will never forsake you.
As always, Much love...and hugs
NaturalnSassy

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Thank you so much for writing this and letting God use you to deliver a message I really needed to hear. I just want you to know that this has really touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always welcome....Will be posting more as I go...Hope my work continues to bless you Chenamy...Be safe, and always love yourself.
    NaturalnSassy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete