Sunday, October 4, 2009

Enter In...Welcome Home


Today, I had the luxury of being locked outside the townhouse with the kids....I know right. You're probably wondering, "How in the world?" And some may start to feel more empathy for the kids than you do for me...However, they were thrilled to be outside playing anyway. Me, on the other hand, had no jacket...was cold...lonely...and it felt down right crazy to not be able to be walk into the place where I reside. In my mind, I was yelling, "But I have stuff in there too!"

Have you ever been locked out? I know some of you probably haven't done the whole locking yourself out of the house thing. But let's think about the times where you may have locked the keys in the car...You can see them still in the ignition or in the chair...And in you're head you're screaming, "Those are mine! Now how in the world am I locked out of my own belonging?"

See, distractions will cause you to do things that, normally, you wouldn't do...
Distractions can surface in any form, whether stress, financial issues, marital problems, or like me, inquisitive kids...I have learned that I can't think of why Justin and Jonica have different snacks, but my son doesn't want their snacks, just something different and extra delicious, AND remember the kid's jackets, cellphone, purse...shut the door...oh, yeah...the keys....Dang. Funny, cause I told one of my friends today that superwoman...I am not. I am about the most uni-functioning person in the world. Honestly!

Luckily, I had one bar left on my phone, and I texted my aunt to find relief...She, being the great woman she is, came to my aid and did all that she had to do to bring me a key to get inside...I ran to her car yelling one of my buddy's favorite sayings..."THANK YA!" When I turned the key I was like the child in Luke 18:17 or Matthew 18:3 - (And said, Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all].) I was so excited, like a kid in a candy shop. I trusted that the key would work, and I forgave myself for losing the bookmark in my mind for that split second.

As my day went on, I didn't really think twice about what had happened. It was not a big deal to me to be locked out, and though I was cold, I was more concerned about the kids catching colds...I checked my email as usual...And started doing my little daily routine...I want to say that it was FB friend Hollie that sent me the picture at the top with a message...

At first, I read it, and just kept it moving...Sent to my friends and everything. Then I saw it posted by someone else...and I really looked at the image....Gracious!! That was me knocking on my own door today! And just as ludicrous as it sounds of me knocking on my own door...is also how ludicrous it must feel to God to knock on the doors of his children...To need permission and keys to be let in.

And I'll warn ya about keys and other entrances. Not in everything door, place, or humans heart you enter in, are you welcomed or do you fit in...I went to the country club the other day to deliver a pizza, and you could just feel that I was only allowed for that short period of time. People try to get on me for not having a church home...But I ask you guys, have you ever entered a church, and although you felt very welcomed, your spirit told you to run the other way? See I chose to protect my soul from the many churches I hear about like the ones spoke of in Matthew 23:13 (13But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, pretenders (hypocrites)! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces; for you neither enter yourselves, nor do you allow those who are about to go in to do so.) See, they have permanently shut the door to Heaven! And that's one door, I feel in my heart that I know I have belongings there! Come on now ya'll...Feel me on this. Certain people will wrap your mind around beautifully crafted personal beliefs of God, that not only are you not welcomed in Heaven, the places is totally off limits...

When I thought of that, I thought of churches that use to say children could not be lead by God, and churches who will pull you(women) to the side and tell you about yourself and how wrong it is to wear anything but skirts, and dresses, and shirts with sleeves in the church. Not once have I ever read that I had to dress up to go to church...When you(those who are talked about in Matthew 23:13) show me where Jesus Himself created that rule...you let me know. And I still will refuse to attend there. Cause see, God is more worried about souls. Do you think those people in the desert went to stores and spent 150 dollars on a "church suit." I think not, and I won't waste my money either....

And there are also times when things are welcomed home...but their destination is not where you and I should be. Example...Jesus saw a man with an unclean spirits...and he commanded that the unclean spirits be welcomed into the pigs...Which in turn took them to over the cliff to drown and return Home to Hades...

Sometimes spirits and demons make home in our homes and our minds, and we unknowingly, and sometimes knowingly, welcome them. They have us thinking about suicide, homicide(usually killing our spouse or kids), adultery, you name it!!

Again these are examples that you don't want to follow or lead your life in that direction....Please don't be a follower of the pigs and jump the cliff...Cherish your life and stop letting your flesh rule over your world, but wonder why you're still not complete nor happy.

It says in 2 Corinthians 6:2 For He says, In the time of favor (of an assured welcome) I have listened to and heeded your call, and I have helped you on the day of deliverance (the day of salvation). Behold, now is truly the time for a gracious welcome and acceptance [of you from God]; behold, now is the day of salvation!(A)

Welcome God in...He's knocking on your door...Wondering why he can't come in to visit and share his mercies with His Child. Will you let him in...Will you look in His eyes and Say...I'm sorry it took me so long to answer....Enter In...Welcome Home.

Forsake all others, and the things of this world. It says that when you accept and welcome Him in, he will accept and welcome you in as well...He sent Jesus, the key...to unlock the world of the highest riches. He sent His Word to remind us that His key was already sent and custom fitted to each door of our hearts...Let him in, so in return, He can say to you, "Well done, you upright and faithful servant! You have been faithful and trustworthy over a little; I will put you in charge of much. Enter into and share the joy which your master enjoys."

As Always...Much Love and Hugs
NaturalnSassy

1 comment:

  1. I love the way youa are narrating.you are gifted.keep writing.soon there will be lot of fans for you! All the best.
    Follow me too.I can be of some use to you,after some time.
    www.lifeartstrainer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete