Saturday, October 3, 2009

Word UP with Kerwin B. Lee

Are you saved on all 8 sides?

Mr. Kerwin B. Lee is!!
He's saved on the front side.
The back side.
The top(head)side.
The bottom(feet) side.
The left side.
The right side.
The outside.
And the inside!!!

I just fell out laughing with the realization that I am saved on all 8 sides too! Never again will I say there are only four sides of me. Boy, have I been missing the other four. But the devil can no longer get in by the sides I forgot to include!

Now I do not know Kerwin B. Lee personally. I don't know if he's a pastor, reverend, preacher, or whatever other name people in that position calls themselves.

However,I felt as if I've known him for years as he spoke of how the people in the older days use to always end church with the message of Christ died for our sins...He Laid them on the Cross. I remember, as a young girl whenever I paid attention to the sermon, the men and women in church stressing that. I use to think it was annoying. Like they would say it all the time as if we(the audience) didn't hear them the first hundred times. But now that I'm older...Just like he said, without the crucifixion...there would be no completion.

He went on to convey the message that we're not perfect. That in fact, before Jesus came, we were guilty. Guilty of all our sins, and no it was not the devil's fault. But when he died on the Cross for you and I...salvation was complete. Tell me God ain't good! He said, "We are complete in Him." He was reading from I think Colossians. He said for the women and men to stop looking for mates for them to
complete them. He said sometimes you should tell them, "To tell you he truth, I was good before you got here." He said, "Just like when me visiting an insane asylum...and seeing a man constantly hitting his head on the wall...and I asked the doctor what was wrong with him...and he said, "He lost the girl he loved,"....and we went further down and I saw a guy hitting his head faster and harder on the wall...and I asked the doctor what was wrong with him...and he said, "He's the one who got the girl."

And I could related to the Man of God when he told the story of how he was afraid of dogs as a young boy. I could relate to how he told the story of how he would avoid houses when he was a newspaper delivery guy. Of how he would get up to the house and try to rush and beat the dog to his destination, and run away.

In the neighbor hood I grew up in, there were two rockwilders down the street. And one day those jokers got out and were chasing my sister and I. I think we got home quicker than ever before!!!

I was studying the television screen, on edge, when he said, "But one day, I went to the house (with the dog), and I tried to beat the dog to the door, but then I noticed that when the dog came out, the woman had put a muzzle on him." He started moving around like he gained his confidence on the platform. He told the dog to bring it on, cause he said, "With the muzzle, the dog could make all the noise and fuss he wanted to, but he could not BITE ME!!!" Oh how wonderful he must've felt!!

But then he sat there and looked at his audience as if he was waiting on a reply other than the laughter and the far away high fives that even myself was giving him...He just sat there, and said, "You all need to wake up...You're not getting it!"

He said, "Before Jesus came, we were guilty! But when Jesus laid our sins on the Cross, he also put a muzzle on the devil!! The devil can make all the noise he can...But he Can't BITE ME!!!!"

Man...Can you say what an awesome relevance? Just blew me away with how it came together like that.

So I'll end on this note, just like he said....

"Jesus Saves...God Creates...The Holy Spirit Sustains! Is there anyone here who wants Jesus to save you?! Is there anyone here who needs God to create something in your life right now?! Is there anyone here who needs the Holy Spirit to sustain you through the storm?!"

Just awesome. Unfortunately I have yet to find a church home in my own town that moved me the way this message did. And I didn't even see the whole broadcast.

But you can visit him at Berean Christian Church, Stone Mountain,GA. They have churches in two families. And if you're like me, in a different state, visit their website at

As Always Much Love and Hugs
NaturalnSassy

2 comments:

  1. I so loved this post. I will have to try to find his broadcast. That was awesome. I love the new colors and design as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks baby girl!!! I'm trying to make it more me. And I'm not sure when he comes back on...Been looking myself. That's why I included the website. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete