Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Unusual Behavior


Take a ride with me....
Smell the pizza as I put it on the passenger side of the car...
Check with me as I check to make sure I got all of the items...
Pizza Sign light plugged in....Check
Car head lights on...Check
Music to my liking playing....Check
Picture where I'm going...Double Check :D

Being a driver has it's many benefits. I don't have "the boss man" breathing down my neck every second. I can listen too my music and quietly bump (until I get to the street I'm on.) I like my co-workers...I mean. It's great.

However, it gives a thinker like me...way too much time to think. I'm often asked to smile, cause if we're all just looking at each other bored, I'm prone to zone out. The good thing is...I have time to internally pray...Which I had to do last night.

So we're riding....Sing with me. I think I was listening to "He Favors Me" on the way there. "Love...is patient caring...Love...is kind...etc"

We turn one street that leads to the street we're headed...We know the area OK, because there is a school there, but as we turn, we notice that it's getting darker....and lonelier. By that time, the song is off, and we're too busy looking for the house to listen to what's on...It's about 10:30pm.

From counting the houses on our right, we know the house is coming up...BUT there's something strange about the house that we counted to be the right one.....Can you guess what it is?

Total darkness...No porch light. No lights in the house. No street light. We're out in the boondies, with no signal on the cell...And an outline of a shadow flagging you down...

Now, ANYBODY else would hit the gas...and maybe run....Honestly, if that came to mind, I would've done so....But watch me as I turn off the car....Say a little prayer...And step out on faith...

Some can argue that that was a dumb step out on faith...But I had a mission...Deliver the pizza, while making sure that there was a safe way out....Yes, men, women, and dogs could have been lurking in the trees...Yes, the tall dark man could have had a gun, could have raped me, done anything....Cause I'm not street savvy at all...But I want you to watch as I make my way up the steps...Hand the pizza over, ask for payment...and his "are you married/happy" questions on the way to the car....

Truly, God was with us on this ride...I know you're heart isn't beating half as fast as mine was...but I'm sure you can only imagine the fear trying to jump in my spirit, but the faith that kept that fear in check....

I randomly step out there like that....I am so not a people's person, the life of the party, or the bravest...I find comfort in writing on my laptop, in the solitude of my room. But I want you to feel the awe and adrenaline from the awe that I felt.

I was on cloud nine. It was like knowing that with God by my side, all things are possible! He has never given us the spirit of fear, and I thank him for blessing me with my sound mind.

Which leads me to another unusual behavior....though, not of my own...Why, would you order pizza, and portray that you have no electricity? I asked that question to myself all night. Like I know you have to eat. And I'm full aware that pizza is a lot cheaper than a light bill...But why? The world is quick to say, "you have your priorities mixed up." But did he? He was hungry...and possibly had no car....Would you eat? or have light?

Thanks so much for riding with me. I'm sure it wasn't the most exciting one you've ever taken, but hopefully, you enjoyed my unusual behavior...lol

As Always...Much love and Hugs...
NaturalnSassy

No comments:

Post a Comment