Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do You Understand The Words That Are Coming Out of My Mouth?!?!

So I'm at the park, the new hip and cool place where only the VIP's go...called kids. LOL.

Anyway, I'm sitting at the bench rewriting the poem I posted on paper to make it readable for tomorrow night. My kids have made their daily playground friends, so they're off having fun. It was pretty nice today, little chilly, but the atmosphere was great. Leaves falling on our heads from giant unknown trees; insects are swarming of all kinds so you don't slip and think that the park belongs to you....Perfect.

When all of a sudden, this little girl in a pretty green shirt with two puff balls on the top of her crown, comes up to me and smiles...She stands there for a few seconds and quietly and smiles at me. She looks as if she wants to ask me something. I smile back, thinking maybe she wants some candy or ask me if the two crazy ones are my kids...

Then as if she knew that I knew everything there is to know...she sweetly asks, "Where is my mommy?"

I am shocked. Thrown off my game. I know my face must have been puzzled as I try to explain to her that I did not even know who her mommy was...She was convinced when I tried to reassure her that if she couldn't find her now, she would a little later, cause surely she'd be back.

This experience is just one of the few I get to have by being around kids...A boy named Bailey came up to me shortly after and said with his little arms to his sides, making the expression of exasperation, "I go to the park every day...EVERY...SINGLE....DAY!!!" I could do nothing but laugh! I asked him if he liked going everyday, and he just replied, "I guess so, Daddy makes us." With his mission complete, he and my son ran off to play once again.

By having two natural comedians of my own, I get to be shocked everyday..LOL. From comments made in foreign restaurants (this one happened to be in a Japanese one) and my son yelling at the top of his lungs with so much excitement it scared you, "MA!!! THAT WOMAN IS CHINESE!!! WHAT DO CHINESE SPEAK? SPANISH?" To my daughter's ever so funny bet yet shockingly real, "Mommy...the food is nasty. I don't like it...I really just don't like it...Will you eat it?"

Kids are always open to share with adults what is exactly on their minds. I challenge you to take a break from your busy lives to listen. They don't look and try to pick who they are saying it to either...They just say it to whomever is listening. So if you're like me, around other people's kids sometimes, don't shoo them away. Don't try to make it seem as if what they say is not important, cause to them, it means the world.

And if you show that you are in the least bit surprised that they said what they said, they'll look at you like Chris Rock did to I think Jackie Chan when he yelled, "Do You Hear The Words That Are Coming Out of My Mouth?!?!"

Classic :D LOL
As always, Much love and hugs
NaturalnSassy

No comments:

Post a Comment