Friday, September 18, 2009

Me..and Finding a Good Man....

So yesterday I get this text from a guy I met in a club.....Kid you not, this is how it reads....

"How is your booty doing"

I sat there, and just thought and thought about how I ended up in this predicament. Casually texting back, "My booty is fresh cause it's clean, and it sits very well...Thank you...How (and I should've put where) is your mind?"

See for one this is my first ever blog, and if you don't want to hear about what I go through or advice I get, you're in the wrong place. Hit the BACK button and try it again... cause I have yet to figure out how to write one.. Anywho.

I tend to attract the wrong guys and I don't know how...Either they're addicted to weed, stronger drugs, alcohol, stay in Jail, no job and never looking for one, already married or got a girlfriend and casually keeps that info to themselves, abusive, old men looking for sex, or just really really old men that's somebody's granddaddy that I went to school with, and only one time a too pretty for me pretty boy.
Don't ask me why or how I seem to attract these type of folks...I don't think I even own any or a lot of provocative clothing. I never leave my house unless I am with the kids, searching for jobs, or have some sort of meeting or family outing. So how? I don't know...Maybe it's because 97% of the small town I grew up in and currently reside in, do not know me, so they think I'm new. And recently I've started the processes of growing locs, and some men seem to just love them a little too much on me.

Whatever the case, I found myself with men who didn't even like me, don't know me, won't ever text unless they want sex (sad that they don't even call), or some who swear their undying love for me, but I have learned to categorize them as just older boys, and not men. Yet, I seemed to settle cause in my mind I think, well all men aren't perfect, and hey, at least I won't be alone.

So I went to my second best friend (Kevie). My two best friends will probably be the common source of my blogs. Out of frustration, I half-heartedly said, "You know, I know why some women become homosexual...Either the men are not good for them at all, or they're taken....Getting a good man is hard." Ok, well that's the gist, may not be word for word.

Him being the good friend said..."Well (my name), you will never find a good man. Cause they don't exist."

Now you talking about a knife going through my heart.....boy that hurt.

But he later explained that a relationship is like the heart. Men are the veins and arteries that transport the blood, but they are very weak without the pump. Women....We are the pump. So it's how we first introduce ourselves, and pump the heart to get the man going. He is now strong, and IF he is a good man he will adjust to the rhythm. However, if the heart introduces sadness, the veins and arteries will pump it and the body will be filled with it. If it is filled with lust or the promiscuity, the veins will accept, and thus the body (relationship) will be filled.

Now trust, men do have issues, just like the veins and arteries can be clotted, therefore hurting or killing the body. That's my point of view added.

What he said was very enlighting, which led me to see that the art of finding a good man is vain. Over the years, I have accepted or passed off sexual advances or other craziness, to avoid being single. I admit, that I don't have it all together myself, and my short comings portray themselves in my relationships. For example, my fear of speaking or just being in front of a crowd, has sometimes kept me from saying something to my partner, and just going witht he flow....Which now I know, that flow always like a river, flows downstream.

Women, therefore I encourage you to bring to your heart, and pump only what you are willing to accept and live with for the rest of your life. Stop, like me, not knowing what you want, or settling for less than what you would want your own daughter to settle for.
I am no expert on advice, just like Dr. Phil is not a doctor. However I think sharing life's experiences, and knowledge from others might just reach that one person out of a billion. Trust. I will continue to work on myself. And yes, that dude who sent the text will not hear from me again, and all the other men in my life who bring nothing but want the world, will be introduced to the new blood I've given myself, and the host (relationship) will pass away.

If this blog sucked....Oh well.. I'm sorry you've wasted your time...Maybe next time I'll write about something you like. Any suggestions would be appreciated! As always...Much love and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment